ECG Competency - DEMO Web Site
Welcome to the DEMO Page of Dr. Ken Grauer's ECG Competency Assessment Site.
Unique features of ECG Competency are described below.
- NOTE: To go straight to the ECG Competency DEMO – Click on the link within our Copyright Notice:
All questions and images are copyright © by
Dr. Ken Grauer and may not be used for any purpose
except for practice, study and taking the tests on this website.
NOTE: there are a total of 10 questions in the Demo - whereas each Practice and Real Exam has 35 questions. Like the Practice Exams - the DEMO has detailed explained answers with short pdf didactic links; whereas the Real Exams are graded for a score and therefore do not have explained answers.
Unique Features of ECG Competency
- Standardized format for consistency in content across all Practice and REAL Exams. All questions are derived from a 400-plus tracing library that has been standardized in format and design in a manner that prevents rote memorization of answers. Currently – there are 3 Practice and 4 different Real Exams on the ECG Competency web site.
- Questions are True-False and Multiple Choice to facilitate objectivity and ease of grading. Clinical application of material to primary care assessment (both in and out of the hospital setting) is stressed throughout.
- Objective scoring - with opportunity for review, restudy and retaking another (different) ECG Competency Exam.
- Educational opportunity for practice in the form of comparably-designed Practice Exams with detailed explained answers. Participants may "grade" and "ungrade" all Practice Exams as desired. In addition to detailed explained answers to each practice question - there is a link to a 1-to-4 page mini-didactic pdf on each question's topic. This makes it interesting, challenging and educational to prepare for taking the REAL exam.
- Real Exams are time-efficient! It should take no more than 40-45 minutes to complete any Real Exam (so taking an exam is not a big drain on the user’s time).
- Development (using professional web design assistance) of the ECG Competency web site by a nationally known primary care physician educator with unparalleled experience over the past 30 years in the areas of teaching and publishing on ECG Interpretation/Arrhythmias/ACLS for primary care clinicians, students & residents.
- Opportunity for unlimited additional free practice using Dr. Ken Grauer’s Educational
- Additional educational resources developed by Dr. Grauer include the
ECG-2014-Pocket Brain Expanded book
(epub version in preparation - to be published November, 2013)
and my comprehensive ECG-PDF Course
(details on my KG-EKG Press web site).
Enough said. The best way to get a “feel” for the power of ECG Competency as an assessment and educational tool is to sample the short series of questions that we provide in our DEMO.
- Info on pricing and suggested scoring below
I hope my ECG Competency DEMO Assessment Site is of interest to you! I welcome your feedback.
Ken Grauer, MD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
PRICING: For Individual or Group Subscriptions
Registration for authorized use of all material on the ECG Competency web site is by subscription only.
Group discount rates are available for family medicine residency programs and other groups enrolling 8 or more participants in the program.
Pricing for access to all material on this web site for the 3-year duration of residency training (or comparable interval if the user
is not in residency) is as follows:
- GROUP Registration Price (groups must contain 8 or more users) = $10 per user for the initial year.
(Thus, initial registration price for a group of 12 users = $120).
if interested in a Group Subscription.
I will provide you a quote with fee for adding users in subsequent years.
- Individual Registration Price = $35 one time fee.
(To ORDER - Click
- Please allow 1-to-4 days after purchase for me to e-mail you your password and login instructions).
Once you have subscribed – you will receive your password for access to ECG Competency.
For groups – the designated Group Director will receive access to the scores on any Real Exams taken by all users in their group. Restudy and retaking of another Real Exam can then be assigned by the Group Director for any user with a suboptimal score on their initial attempt.
Each Practice and each REAL Exam consists of 35 Questions. A score of 80% (= 28/35 correct answers) has been deemed a PASSING Grade for family medicine residents by the developer of ECG Competency.
Designation of a "passing" or "not passing" score on the exams in ECG Competency is based on the opinion of the developer as to what should constitute a minimal level of competency in ECG interpretation in the area of primary care. This is NOT an official designation.